CAPS Research Use Policy
This Use Policy governs your use of CAPS Research (“CAPS”) websites, library documents, research reports, whitepapers, metrics reports, best practices survey results, infographics, and all other products that CAPS produces, whether electronic or hardcopy. All of these items as previously mentioned, as well as new products that are added to the CAPS portfolio in the future, will herein be referred to as “Material(s)” and are covered under this Use Policy, which may be updated from time to time. By visiting www.capsresearch.org or using the Material, the User agrees to the following terms.
- The Material is the property of Arizona Board of Regents on behalf of Arizona State University.
- CAPS name and Materials are protected by U.S. and International copyright law and conventions.
- CAPS grants the right to access and use of the Material and the CAPS website, as long as such use is for Authorized User’s internal information purposes and the collected or referenced Material is not altered, copied, disseminated, redistributed, or republished outside of the terms of this Use Policy.
- CAPS prohibits the repackaging or repurposing of its Material for third party monetary gain.
2. AUTHORIZED USERS (“USER(S)”)
- Employees of Member Companies (“Member Users”)
- Member Companies pay an annual membership fee to obtain access to CAPS Material as outlined at www.capsresearch.org/membership/benefits. Member Users are employees of a Member Company and have access to all Materials by creating a valid CAPS Library account, attending events, and/or by opting-in to various email distributions, such as infographics, newsletters, survey distribution, etc. Access to Materials is available during the term of the membership.
- Individuals from Non-member Companies (“Non-member Users”)
- Non-member Users can create a CAPS Library account for limited access to Material in the CAPS Library, www.capsresearch.org. Limited access refers to select Materials that is seven years old and older.
- Non-member Users can opt-in to receive various emails from CAPS, which may include infographics, newsletters, survey reports, and various other Material.
- Non-member Users may have the opportunity to purchase additional Material upon request submitted to CAPS.
- Individuals who work on behalf of CAPS in order to research, design, analyze, and develop content, which may be published exclusively by CAPS as Material.
3. RULES OF USE
- Sharing of Material
- Member Users may share, electronically or hardcopy, Material with employees within their own company during the term of their membership. CAPS Material is intended for the Member User’s personal use within the scope of their job and relating to the function of procurement, purchasing, supply management, and supply chain.
- Member Users may not share Material outside of their company without prior written approval from CAPS. This includes quotes, excerpts, infographics, or entire documents.
- Non-member Users may not share Material externally with other individuals. These other individuals may create their own access to the CAPS Library and distribution lists to receive Material.
- Researchers that develop Material on behalf of CAPS may not republish the Material in its entirety; it is for the exclusive use of CAPS. Researcher may take parts of their research and repurpose it for other publications, such as academic journals.
- Researchers that want to use CAPS Material for classroom content must obtain prior written approval from CAPS.
- Any Material referenced outside of a User’s company, for any purposes, must be properly attributed to CAPS.
- Quotes, excerpts, references, and graphics from any Material, in compliance with the other terms of this Use Policy, must attribute CAPS in the following manner:
Attribution Formats Examples:
For CAPS Research Documents:
CAPS Research, [Title of research document], [Author/Researchers names(s)], [Publication date]
For CAPS Benchmarking (Metrics or Best Practices) Reports:
CAPS Research, [Title of benchmarking report], [Industry or Sector designation, if applicable], [Publication date]
CAPS STAT, [Title of CAPS STAT], [Publication date]
- Quotes, Excerpts, Figures, and Graphics
- All quotes and excerpts must be lifted verbatim, in their entirety, and appear accurately with all relevant content. Paraphrasing is not allowed.
- Quotes and excerpts may not be used to endorse a product, service, or company, or to criticize or negatively portray another company.
- Graphics, figures, tables, charts, and infographics must be shown in their entirety with no changes.
- All quotes excerpts, figures, and graphics must have the appropriate CAPS attribution.
- Use of Material in User Document/Presentation
- No more than 5% of a published CAPS research reports and whitepapers may be excerpted for use in a User document/presentation.
- Charts, graphs, figures, and infographics may be used in their entirety with the appropriate CAPS attribution.
- CAPS Logo
- The CAPS logo may be used if it appears in the Material and is part of the content.
- All other uses of the CAPS logo requires prior approval from CAPS. The logo may not be altered.
- Download of Material from CAPS Library
- Downloading of Material by Member Users is intended to be used during the membership term. Excessive downloading prior to expiration of membership is not permitted.
- User will not violate the security of the website nor attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website and it’s Material nor attempt to use any “scraper”, “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, data mining”, ”computer code”, or any other automated device, program, tool, or algorithm, to acquire and download the Material.
- CAPS monitors activity on its website, including download activity. If we see indications of activity outside of this Use Policy, we may contact your organization to clarify appropriate use.
- CAPS Community Forum (“Community”)
- CAPS provides a Community Forum on its website for the benefit of supply management and procurement professionals to network and leverage others experiences and expertise. Users of the Community are expected to post content that is substantive and relevant in the field of procurement and supply management.
- Although spam is often subjective, do not use the Community for personal gain.
- Users must follow common rules of etiquette when using the Community:
- Do not post offensive, abusive, or hate speech
- Do not post any explicit or obscene speech
- Do not harass or troll other users
- Do not share personal information
- Do not share or post without receiving necessary approval
- Do not post illegally obtained material
- Do not post coupon codes or affiliate links
- CAPS Anti-Trust policy found at https://www.capsresearch.org/antitrust-policy/ does not allow disclosure of information that would imply collusion or breach of confidentiality.
- CAPS does not allow images to be uploaded to the Community, however images may be linked if user has permission to share.
- CAPS is not responsible for any third-party materials posted.
- CAPS reserves the right to delete any posts.
- If Users notice inappropriate post or posts that violate policy, report to CAPS immediately.
TERM AND TERMINATION
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate User access to all or part of the Material, with or without notice.
- CAPS monitors website usage and has the right to limit the number of documents downloaded from the CAPS Library in a given time period.
- Upon termination, all rights granted to User in this Use Policy will immediately cease.
- Any provision of this Use Policy that expressly or by implication is intended to continue in force after termination will survive.
The Material is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of reliability, availability or fitness for a particular purpose. The User assumes sole responsibility for the use it makes of the Material, and in no event will CAPS be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the Material or any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the Material. The terms of this section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by the law in the applicable jurisdiction.
Indemnification: User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CAPS, and its officers, directors, and employees from and against all losses, expenses, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of the User’s use/misuse of this Material.
The Material may contain errors or inaccuracies. CAPS, therefore, reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
We make no representation that the Material are appropriate or available for use in User’s location and accessing them from location where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If User chooses to access the Material from any such location, User does so on their own initiative and is responsible for compliance with local laws.
5. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last modified: March 1, 2022